Friday, May 20, 2011

Crock Pot Chinese Cashew Chicken

So this is what we are eating for dinner tonight. I have sampled it already and I can't imagine it tasting better! YUM! I doubled it and it made quite a bit! Filled my crock pot up. Here is the single recipe:

4 C cooked diced chicken
2 C celery
2 cans 97% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 C chopped green onions
1 stick margarine
2 T soy sauce
8 oz sliced mushrooms, drained
2 C whole cashews
hot cooked rice

Combine chicken, soups, celery, onions, mushrooms, butter & soy sauce in crock pot. Mix well. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.
Stir in cashews just before serving. Serve over rice.

I am actually not going to put the cashews in. I will sprinkle on after serving. That way I can control how much I get. They are MEGA numbers! Serves 8

1 serving (about 1 C minus cashews): 262 calories, 8.6 g fat, 7.3 g carbs, 1.5 g fiber, 0.6 g sugar, 37.3 g protein

3 T cashews: 148.1 calories, 12 g fat (mostly mono...so good one), 8.4 g carbs, 0.8 g fiber, 1.3 g sugar, 3.9 g protein

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment