Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some things I learned.....

So if you have read the reason we started this, then you know we (Te & I) are trying to eat healthier. Here are a few snack samples my trainer told me would be good:

1 oz almonds = 5.79 g protein, 5.25 g carbs, 14.89 g fat, 166 calories
Never eat nuts the same day you eat red meat....too much fat!

1/4 C cottage cheese - 1% = 11.2 g protein, 2.4 g carbs, 0.8 g fat, 65.6 calories
3 egg white (boiled...toss yolk) = 10.5 g protein, 0.9 g carbs, 0 g fat, 51 calories

3 oz yam, baked w/o skin = 1.5 g protein, 20.63 g carbs, 0 g fat, 87.75 calories

So those are my current snacks I have been assigned to eat! YUM!

Happy eating!
TeAm Healthy

1 comment:

  1. It is a goal of mine to eat better this year, too. I don't know that my goal exactly matches with yours, but at the very least, they overlap.

    I have heard the eat carbs, fats, and protein each time you eat to slow down your digestion and delay getting hungry again-- and I sometimes remember to do that. Perhaps I will try harder now.

    ReplyDelete