Monday, January 31, 2011

Snack or Breakfast Apple Pitas

So Terra and I were just talking at the gym and she suggested subbing cottage cheese for mayonnaise in her tuna fish sandwich. That is a great idea! I love the salt of mayo and that would give you salt AND protein!

Anyhow, I got thinking about one of my kid's new favorite breakfasts. I take a whole wheat pita pocket, but 2 scoops of vanilla yogurt in and slide apple slices down in it. It is (WAS) very yummy! I was thinking that would make a great snack or even a breakfast by putting the cottage cheese in the pita instead of the yogurt. Gonna have to try it.

1/2 pita
1/2 apple, cut into wedges
1/4 C cottage cheese (? - haven't made it, maybe less?)

170 cal, 10.15 g protein, 31 g carbs, 1 g fat

Looks like I could have 2 for a breakfast!! Maybe tomorrow!

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment