Friday, March 25, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrettes

So I can not just use balsamic vinegar on my salads. I have searched for a few recipes to make some, because I do like the hint of it....like restaurants use. So here is one I have made and LOVE. Then the 2nd one is one I am going to make today.

There will be 2 portion sizes.....depending on how much you want to make.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 C (1 1/2 C) balsamic vinegar
1 t (2 T) lemon juice
1 T (6 T) Dijon mustard
2 t (4 T) shallots, chopped (I used Alison's Pantry dehydrated and rubbed them between my fingers...about 1/2 t worth)
2/3 t (4 t) fresh basil, chopped (I used dried)
1/3 t (2 t) olive oil
black pepper to taste (I didn't even put this in)



Cumin Vinaigrette (I am making this one today)

2 T lime juice
1/2 t orange juice
1/2 T Dijon
1/2 t cumin
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1 T olive oil



Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment