Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hip to Waist Ratio

You ever hear of it? I hadn't. Apparently when Te and I started this contest this was figured out. At least on me. What it does is take the measurement of your waist and divide it by the measurement of your hips. You get a number. When I started 6 weeks ago I was .93. If it was 1.00 that means my hips and waist were the same size. Make sense? So the TeAm trainer took my measurements yesterday and I am now at .88! .85 is ideal for women. She let out a big "Whoo-Hoo!" I was pretty excited. If you google hip-waist ration there are some amazing things about it. You are at a greater risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc. Anyhow, I am excited my numbers are coming down. I do actually see a waist in there somewhere now! ;-)

Happy Eating & Measuring! (You know you are going to do it!)

TeAm Healthy

1 comment:

  1. That is fabulous! Congratulations. Keep inspiring me and I might make a real effort.

    ReplyDelete