Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Marsala

So I have fallen in love with Chicken Marsala! EASY! Good for you!

4 b/s chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
olive oil
2 C sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 C chicken broth (or marsala wine....I used broth)
2 T minched fresh parsley or 2 t dried parsley
1/4 t dried rosemary, crushed (I used AP rosemary garlic blend!)

Flatten chicken to 1/4". Brown chicken in skillet with olive oil. (Recipe called for coating chicken in flour first. I didn't.) Takes about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet saute mushrooms. Add butter if desired, I add a little of the chicken broth next time. When mushrooms are tender add broth (or wine), parlsey and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook for a few minutes for spices to start releasing their flavor. Serve over chicken. I put it over quinoa for me and rice for my family and the sauce added a great flavor to the rice! Also sprinkled a little grated parmesan.

1 serving (w/parmesan and using butter to saute) 226.2 calories, 8.0 g fat, 1.2 g carbs, .7 g sugar, .4 g fiber, 35 g protein

Rice not included

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment