Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bread

2 T yeast
5 c warm water
1/4 c oil
1/3 c applesauce
1 T salt
1/3 c molasses
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c gluten
3 c wheat flour
3 c oat flour (I just blended oatmeal into a powder, measurement is powder)
4-5 c white flour

Mix all ingredients together at once and beat on level 3 of a bosch mixer for 10 minutes. Put in pans and let rise. Bake at 350 for about 25 -30 minutes. Makes 5 large loaves. I figure about 90 servings, each loaf 18 slices? This recipe can be used with white, wheat, or a combination. I ran out of wheat, so I substituted oat and the nutrient analysis is with the oat flour.

Calories 61
fat 1 g
carbs 13 g
sugar 1 g
protein 2 g

2 comments:

  1. It is VERY yummy! Thanks for sharing a loaf with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. I'll have to try and make some today!

    ReplyDelete