Monday, March 21, 2011

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rolls

So I & one son were the only ones who LOVED these. Everyone else didn't like the intensity of hte spinach. I guess too much at once. I altered the recipe, so here it is:

1/3 C sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil...mine was in a bag)
1 C boiling water
4 b/s chicken breasts 4 oz each
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 T golden raisins (thought I had and didn't)
1 T fat free cream cheese
2 t pine nuts (didn't have nor are they reflected in below numbers)
rosemary & garlic seasoning
salt

Place tomatoes in small bowl. Cover with boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain. Flatten chicken to 1/4". In a small bowl combine spinach, raisins, cream cheese, pine nuts and chopped tomatoes. Spread 1/4 C inside each chicken and roll. Secure with toothpick.
At this point I sprayed a cookie sheet and placed the chicken rolls on it. I generously sprinkled salt and the rosemary garlic seasoning on it. At 350 degrees I baked them for 30 minutes. Then checked them. A few of the fatter ones were not done, so I threw them back in for about 10 more minutes. The original recipe has a sauce over it. So maybe next time I'd do a chicken broth something. I thought they were good, but maybe with a little juice the spinach would not have been so dry for hte kids.

1 stuffed chicken: 226 calories, 4.1 g fat, 19 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 10.9 g sugar and 30 g protein

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment