Friday, March 25, 2011

I'll be darned!

So I watch this show on the Food Channel (not Food Network....the one below it on th screen). At any rate, it's called Hungry Girl. She shows tricks and things to make foods healthier. I love it!

The other day she made guacamole with canned peas. YEP! CANNED PEAS! I just made some and LOVE IT! Here is the recipe:

2 ripe avocados
1 can peas, drained
lemon juice
garlic salt

So drain peas and pit and skin avocados. I just put my stick whisk (I don't know what it's called....hand wand mixer for shakes or whatever) put that in and blend well. Then add lemon juice and garlic salt to taste. Hungry girl added diced fresh tomatoes and onions. SO GOOD! If you eat it plain, you will probably taste a hint of peas. But on a chip....nothing!

1/4 C serving: 86.8 calories, 6 g fat (healthy kind!), 6.9 g carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 1.3 g sugar, 2 g protein

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

1 comment:

  1. I have one of her cookbooks. She has some great tips and yummy sounding recipes!

    ReplyDelete