Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicken Stuffed Tomato

So for dinner tonight I made this chicken stuffed tomato. VERY light and yummy! It's altered, of course, as the original recipe called for mayonnaise & Ranch dressing.

4 medium tomotoes
3 C cubed cooked chicken (I used the chicken I can.)
1/2 C shredded carrots (I just Pampered Chef chopped them)
1/4 C chopped green onions
1/3 C fat free sour cream
1/3 C fat free cream cheese
1/4 C chopped walnuts (opt) (I didn't use)

Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp. Invert tomatoes onto a paper towel to drain. I was surprised how much juice was still in there. In a bowl combine everything except walnuts. I had to add quite a bit more sour cream to give it the right consistency. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. 4 servings.

Per serving:
145.1 calories, 1.9 g fat, 13.1 g carbs, 2.6 g fiber, 0.9 g sugar, 19.8 g protein

Te had a great idea that these would be great for a summer lunch. They were really good! Kids all liked at least the filling!

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment