Friday, February 4, 2011

Carbs....according to trainer

So Te and I met with the TeAm trainer (I still like the sound of that!). Anyhow, yesterday we met with her and went over our food journals for the week. She told both Te and I the same thing about carbs.....eat a majority of your carbs before 11 am and we'd see a huge difference in weight loss. I can't remember what Te has to eat, but I have 231 g of carbs a day! That is a lot. But I think I figured it out. For breakfast I have a banana (27 g carbs) & whole wheat pita pocket (18 g carbs). I put 4 scrambled egg whites in it, but there are minimal carbs in egg whites. Anyhow, then for a snack after I work out I focus on protein to support those muscles I just tortured! So I have a chicken sandwich on my homemade rolls with is 30 g carbs. I have decided (and will ask TeAm trainer tomorrow) I have to eat carbs for lunch so I pushed back the 11 am to noon! So for lunch I eat 1 1/2 C pasta (61 g carbs....whole wheat, of course) and spaghetti sauce (few carbs) and a roll! (30 g more) So my grand total is: 193! So I only have 40 more grams to get in before bedtime and I usually complete that with dinner. TeAm trainer said that it's OK to have veggie carbs at dinner, like a salad or side dish. But I think it's the bread and pasta carbs she wants done by 11 (aka noon!) It made a difference yesterday......0.8 lbs lost! We'll see how it continues!

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment