Saturday, February 19, 2011

Healthy Banana Cookies

3 ripe bananas
2 C oats
1 C dehydrated apples (I used cannery ones)
1/3 C applesauce
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon

Preheat oven 350. In mixer, mash bananas. Stir in oats, apples, applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. I used parchment and it stuck. I didn't use a pancake turner to get them off. Just peel them off. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 36.

The original recipe called for dates instead of apples, and oil instead of applesauce and I added the cinnamon. We all think they are pretty good. All the boyz wanted more!

Nutritional per cookie: 32.5 calories, .4 g fat, 7.1 g carbs, .7 g protein. Not too bad! Curbs the sweet tooth I thought I didn't have!

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment