Saturday, February 12, 2011

How Long?

Does anyone know the approximate time for healthy eating to show up for blood tests?
One year ago I had a blood test done for life insurance purposes, and was surprised to find my cholesterol high. I shouldn't have been too surprised since it is in my genes, but I was. I was exercising and eating (I thought) relatively healthy. I changed a few things to help such as cutting out lots of cheese, and eating more whole grains. I just had it checked again one year later and coincidently two weeks after starting some serious changes in my diet. The results were great. But is it due to two weeks of change, or more over the last year. Just curious.
Results
2010 2011
Cholesterol 246 170
HDL 67 47
LDL 156 111
Triglycerides 113 61

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

1 comment:

  1. I have a soon-to-be niece-in-law who is a registered dietitian. I will see if she knows and get back to you. Plus there are a few nurses in the family I could ask.

    Congratulations on your terrific numbers!

    ReplyDelete