Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Macaroni Salad w/cottage cheese dressing

So I was playing around with cottage cheese. I made this:
2 C cottage cheese
1/4 C lemon juice
Puree in blender until smooth. I think I would use less lemon juice, maybe start at 1/8 C and work up to flavor. It's VERY lemony.

So then I made some macaroni salad for dinner:

13.25 oz whole wheat penne pasta (one box)
6 egg whites
1 C chopped carrots
1/2 C grated onion (I think I would do 1/4 C next time....juices are very strong. Don't know if my boyz will like it. I tried to mask the flavor with other seasonings)
1/2 T celey salt
1/2 T salt
1/2 T sugar (a little tart w/lemon juice so might be able to omit with less juice)

So I think it tastes pretty good. Needs to get colder. We'll see how it goes over tonight. Definately not as great as real mayonaise (I think Best Foods mayo runs in my veins!) but a good substitute.

I estimate 8 C it made. So per serving is 1 C.

40 calories, 4.68 g protein, 4.37 g carbs, .37 g fat

Happy Eating!
TeAm Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment